Telephone preparation on a 986

josil

My car had a factory telephone preparation option and at the moment the passenger side has the holder for the phone. I imagine that that's one of those proper old phones. But near the steering wheel there's a Nokia some sort of "bluetooth" adapter. When I start the car, the light blinks on it and then I hear a beep through the speakers after about 10 seconds and the light just stays on. I've tried connecting to the bluetooth adapter (there is a MAC address displayed for it, but no name), but the connection always fails. Is there a way to get it working with modern phones? Is the Nokia thing factory?

14632868_10154727310712300_1977807517386

14907268_10154727310467300_7395393410143

Definately after market.  Can you actually "see" the kit when you search via Bluetooth 

Seem to remember you press & hold the middle button till it beeps,  this then makes it visible so you can search for it 

My 986 has phone prep on the PCM,  All I had to do was put a pay as you go sim in the the little sim draw on the head unit and it works perfectly

Code should be 0000 once you find it via bluetooth. Just had a look as was unsure last night, but model number is a Nokia ck7

19 hours ago, motosparkz said:

Seem to remember you press & hold the middle button till it beeps,  this then makes it visible so you can search for it 

Code should be 0000 once you find it via bluetooth. Just had a look as was unsure last night, but model number is a Nokia ck7

Yes, thank you! Now I've got it linked and working. Only appeared on my phones bluetooth after fifth try of pressing the button.

So is this setup from the factory then? I know it doesn't look like it, but since you have it as well, is in the same spot?

8 hours ago, Mike G said:

My 986 has phone prep on the PCM,  All I had to do was put a pay as you go sim in the the little sim draw on the head unit and it works perfectly

I only have CDR23 with no sim slot, so that doesn't work for me.

1 hour ago, josil said:

Yes, thank you! Now I've got it linked and working. Only appeared on my phones bluetooth after fifth try of pressing the button.

So is this setup from the factory then? I know it doesn't look like it, but since you have it as well, is in the same spot?

Hi, I dont have this, just remember it from days gone by :-(  Definitely an aftermarket only fit, never offered from Porsche, even as a dealer fit.

34 minutes ago, motosparkz said:

Hi, I dont have this, just remember it from days gone by :-(  Definitely an aftermarket only fit, never offered from Porsche, even as a dealer fit.

Ok, just double checking. As long as it works now, I'll leave it in.

Archived