Oil pressure regulator spring mod

alank

Was reading an article on Pelican site regarding oil pressure regulator spring modification . Is their a mod that Boxsters have which improves the start up oil pressure. When I Google it not much is said about it regarding Boxsters. Just curious.

I would expect that Boxster owners are curious about other things which are of greater concern! Oil pressure at start up does not seem to be an issue at all so I'm not surprised to see a lack of activity for a non-existent problem ;)  Given that there is no oil pressure gauge on a Boxster anyway its not something worth worrying about. There is a low oil pressure warning buzzer (at least I think there is).

At start up the oil pressure is increased about 4/5 times running pressure, by the use of a regulator spring. This extra pressure helps inflate lifters, etc and if their is a problem with this mechanism it can cause noisey lifter sound at startup, this is what I read and related it to some topics on Ticking noise from noisey lifters. Because it is a quick job to do when changing oil just wondered if anyone had.

Archived