Bluetooth music a2dp streaming etc etc

lordlee

Gents,

I've spent the after looking through various threads on here and just about everywhere in fact - I want to find out which BT set up I can use to get my car to play my Spotify music.

So far there are the following:

Denison 500 - circa £300

Parrot mki9200 - circa £145

iSimple - circa £90

Mobridge - £500++

I cant really see which one is vastly better than the others as they all seem to have good/bad features. What are other 987 users using please?

TIA

I use one of these to connect to the aux socket:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Receivers-Streaming-Receiver-Tablet-Support/dp/B00EAEWA82/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1480874143&sr=8-4&keywords=bluetooth+3.5mm+esynic

Have been using for about 6 months without issues.  Battery lasts several hours.  It's very basic but works fine for playing music from a phone (as well as phone sat nav audio).

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 987.1 with a PCM 2.1 Sat Nav system and while there is a power socket under the arm rest there is unfortunately no audio socket.  I have also been looking for a connector to link to an ipod or iphone but not found anything reasonably priced yet.  I'm also reluctant to replace the radio as then I'll lose all the integration features.  I have a Tooki BT phone system installed however it doesn't give you audio streaming (you can make it stream but it only comes out of one set of speakers).  The m2.connect seems like a good system however the price from their UK outlet is £1200 which is a little steep!  I'd be interested if you manage to find something reasonably priced.

So this was one of the first things I looked at when I got my 987.1 which has PCM with Sat nav.  Like may others I researched and was looked at the Dension, but didn't like the flakiness of the system and the questions whether you needed to get Porsche to activate the CD exchanger option etc.  In the end I took advice from a friend who worked in Car audio who said try one of the latest FM transmitters devices.  Now I had tried these long time ago when they first came out 15 years ago, but I was surprised how good they are now for sound, and I am a critic believe me.  I bought one from Amazon and still using it now.  Plugs into the cig lighter for power and has a 3.5 jack plug which plugs into iPhone or iPod.  Price was 9.99. Worth a punt to try and see if you like it or move on to something more permenant.

http://www.tecknet.co.uk/f27-new.html

13 hours ago, Macthehaggis said:

So this was one of the first things I looked at when I got my 987.1 which has PCM with Sat nav.  Like may others I researched and was looked at the Dension, but didn't like the flakiness of the system and the questions whether you needed to get Porsche to activate the CD exchanger option etc.  In the end I took advice from a friend who worked in Car audio who said try one of the latest FM transmitters devices.  Now I had tried these long time ago when they first came out 15 years ago, but I was surprised how good they are now for sound, and I am a critic believe me.  I bought one from Amazon and still using it now.  Plugs into the cig lighter for power and has a 3.5 jack plug which plugs into iPhone or iPod.  Price was 9.99. Worth a punt to try and see if you like it or move on to something more permenant.

http://www.tecknet.co.uk/f27-new.html

What's the volume like on it as I bought something similar but the volume is pretty poor. 

Volume is the same as the PCM CD volume on the one I use.  Considering the cost to get something permenant I guessed if it broke I would just buy another one.  So far it's doing ok.  I play an Apple IPod through it which is kept in the car.  

Thanks Mac...I've been trying to find a solution for months as iive got a 987.1 with Bose and as far as could make out the only viable solution was the Dynavin which still can be flaky....and not cheap.

i will try one of these as a cheap short term fix.....shame I don't have the Aux as the Bluetooth adapter looks great.

I've just ordered a NAV-TV POR iPod. It plugs in  place of the shuttle and streams music over the MOST ring. It has a 30 pin Apple connection (perfect for my iPod) but you can use an adapter for a newer iPhones or other music devices.  Best part is it works with my Tooki tel BT unit. It arrives next week and I'll let you know how it goes. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry - been meaning to post something with a few pictures but right after the installation we left to go on holiday. I will post something more substantial but I though I'd provide a summary in the meantime. 

In short the NAV-TV unit is excellent. It links to the MOST ring so needs to be installed either in the front boot or inside behind the radio. I decided to put it behind the radio to avoid punching holes in the rubber gromets in the firewall. In my case the previous owner had installed the Tooki BT phone unit behind the radio so I first needed to move this to under the front seat (recommended position). I then installed the NAV-TV unit with the iPod cable routed through a hole I made in the cubbyhole. I also attached a BT receiver to the RCA interface so I can stream music from my mobile phone. The unit replaces the CD shuttle and can be controlled either from the iPod directly or via the PCM system. There is an external interface option which allows you to use the RCA connectors (BT receiver in my case) with full control via the mobile phone. 

In short a recommended system that works well, sounds great, and isn't that difficult to install. Not cheap but then I don't think any of the available options are.

Archived