PCM 2.1 switched power connection

chipmunk

Can anyone tell me where I can find a switched power connection behind a PCM 2.1 system (on a 07 Boxster 987)?  

Alternatively a wiring diagram for the PCM 2.1 connections would be very helpful if anyone has a copy.

Many thanks

Not sure if pcm2.1 is same as CDR-24 but got this pic

4E62E5CC-D254-4272-B212-EAB349DD9847.png

When I replaced the CDR-24 I established there is no switched 12v as it's controlled by the canbus, so you can do one of two things, run a wire into the fuse box to a switched 12v fuse or get a canbus adaptor to provide switched 12v.

i went with the canbus adaptor as I thought it would be tidier, cost £35 off eBay.

CDBA74CB-FBF5-4B5C-9E41-DB95DE5DDBD7.jpg

works pretty well and as well as switched 12v it also provides reverse (if you have a reversing camera)and illumination (for dimming at night) feeds.

its not entirely problem free though, if you turn the engine off and leave the key in for a while the radio will switch itself on/off periodically - if you read the description of the canbus pulses  on the first pic then if think it interprets the first pulse as off then next as on etc.

That's great thank you.  

I see the CDR-24 plug (which I believe is the same as the one used on my PCM 2.1) has a switched output on it (A2 and A5) however I note that it also states these are not connected with Bose systems (which I have).  I think I will check anyway to see whether I have any power on those connections.  

I did wonder whether I could take a tap from the glove box light as this goes off when you lock the car.  Not ideal but the power connection is only to drive a bluetooth adapter so it doesn't really matter if it stays on while the car is unlocked.  

I like the idea of the canbus adapter - I didn't even know these existed until now.  When you say the radio switches on/off periodically - does this mean it gets out of sync i.e. the power is on when the car is off etc?

If you are keeping the pcm and just adding a feed for the Bluetooth then you may get away with using A5, although I suspect this is just used for switching on devices that have a separate permanent live, I wrongly assumed you were replacing the whole unit like I did so the canbus unit is probably overkill. 

The canbus unit always works itself out, so when the key comes out it goes off, it's just if the key is in and turned off it, switches on and off every few minutes - if ignition is on or engine running its fine, obviously interpreting some sort of pulse it sees as on/off.

Archived