Bike Rack

Leonard

The options seem to be limited but has anyone got, used or looked into getting one of the bike racks currently on the market.

Look to require a bit of modification to car but nothing that should be irreversible. Can't imagine it would be a great selling feature ? so would need to be reversed.

Thanks for any input

11 minutes ago, pipsqueak said:

The official Boxster Roof Transport System (RTS) is no longer available but they appear on Ebay now and then

https://goo.gl/images/oKHgSC

Only (rarely) available for 986. Mine came with one originally but sadly sold off by a previous owner.  OP has a 981.

2 minutes ago, Boxob said:

Only (rarely) available for 986. Mine came with one originally but sadly sold off by a previous owner.  OP has a 981.

Sorry Boxob are you saying that there was a roof kit for the 981 also at some point?

Will check out Bird option, cheers

Just the opposite. The roof kit was only available for the 986 (I have a 986) not for any other model.

I researched options for carrying bikes (and skis) and alighted on Bird Engineering who had what I thought was neat solution.  I don't know if they do one for a 981 but certainly worth investigating.

Archived