X73 suspension upgrade

718as

Most Boxsters have either standard suspension or PASM (lower by 10mm and adaptive).  X73 is lower by 20mm and non-adaptive, no doubt the handling is better but also the ride is a little hard for most people.

Just over 2K fitted. You have to drop the front sub frame to replace the new anti roll bar. You get New roll bars, springs and shocks, then re alignment. You couldn't do it yourself. Worth every penny, forget the "go faster"  pse  and focus on something that actually benefits the car.

3 hours ago, mneil said:

Me, makes the car look better and most importantly stops it wallowing about. Like running on rails, proper sports car handling now.

I'm not sure that 'wallowing about' is how most people would describe 981 handling. It seems to be something that plenty of the USA Boxster owners specify but seems rarer in U.K. , likeley due to our road quality.

I have PASM and would certainly not describe handling as wallowing anywhere even in comfort mode, but as importantly the ride quality is amazing given 35 profile tyres.

5 hours ago, 718as said:

Hi, 

anyone installed this upgrade which lowers car by 20mm?

I think this is standard on the 981 Spyder. Whilst the ride is firm I've never noticed any issues in terms of ride and I drove the car over 2500 miles, in just 10 days, in the summer!

49 minutes ago, mneil said:

Confusion, my car did not come with pasm in its original factory build, hence I was referring to the standard none pasm set up as "wallowing whist cornering". Apologies.

Yeh understood, but even so it doesn't seem to be a typical description of the standard suspension which has been universally praised in the auto press.

1 hour ago, Greenman said:

Yeh understood, but even so it doesn't seem to be a typical description of the standard suspension which has been universally praised in the auto press.

Coming over from lotus, to me the standard suspension etc needed improving. Just my opinion.

Archived