What to do about squeaky brakes?

Boxster981S

HI

i bought my 981 in Feb this year and have recently started using it as my daily drive to work. It has always had squeaky brakes but they are now starting to annoy/embarrase me! I have tried a few stops at speed as in accelerating to 60-70 then braking down to 5mph and repeating 7-8 times but it hasn't helped.

I have only put 800 miles on the car since buying from the OPC do you think this is something they would sort? I bought it from Guildford but am based in Bristol so I'm unsure if Bristol will have any interest in helping. Any ideas?

Chris

I would suggest contacting the salesman at Guildford. Request you take it on to Bristol for convenience for a check up. Or invite them to collect it. 

28 minutes ago, Stark said:

Where would you put the WD40? Mine are doing it after new ones fitted last week 

Pretty sure he's joking mate.  New brakes squeal a bit for the first thousand especially if your on new disks as well.  They just need bedding in as per the 981 service manual. 

I think the wd40 can be safely ignored :P

I have emailed Guildford OPC and will see what they say, there was no service history to suggest the car has had its pads changed and I wouldn't expect that after 11k miles. Will let you know once I get a response.

Archived