Help on buying

Manofkent

Hi,

I wonder if I can draw on your experience of owning a Porsche Boxster. I am going to buy either a late 987 or early 981. I am going abroad for a year and am wanting to buy a car to take with me on an extended road trip across Europe.

I am wanting to find out if there is a premium to buy a car now in July in the summer as opposed to late in the year say October? If so what kind of premium would you expect on car worth perhaps around £30-39k? 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

You would think there should be a softening of prices at the end of the summer,  but there doesn't seem to be a noticeable obvious drop though I suspect there are some better deals at the end of summer. OPCs (in particular) aren't going to be offering the best deals just now.

i would just keep a look out for what you are after through the summer and if you find what you want buy it, don't be thinking you will get cheaper in October as it might not happen.

if you are going to be driving through Europe you could look for LHD ?

Many thanks. I think that is wise advise, I have been looking for a while and pricing seems consistent across most garages except the OPCs which are higher, albeit you have their warranty. I have a precise spec so I will take your lead.I was thinking of exploring LHD from an official OPC in Europe so will progress further.

Kind regards,

J

If you are particularly fussy on spec and colour you need to be a bit careful. 1 - you may never find exactly what you are looking for. 2 - if you do find it you will be tempted to jump on it, when advice is generally to buy on history and condition.

Archived