oil pump upgrade

alank

Mentioned in another topic, about trying an oil pump update on the 986. What is it and  Is this something that should be done as preventative maintanence. The only thing I can find is replacing a spring and plunger, when doing an oil change, but it seems more specific to  2005-2009  987's.  Any thoughts, thanks  Alan

Never heard of it. Never seen much written about it, never seen anyone write they have done it and what the outcomes are. rarely if ever see anybody post about oil pump or oil pressure problems. On that basis, and I'm not a mechanic or an expert, it's probably not worth worrying about. Aside from replacing the oil pump or replacing worn parts, how do you update it anyway?

A guy who runs a P-car repair shop answered on another forum a low oil pressure question on a 2001 S " Have you updated the oil pump pressure relief piston and spring?"

This was a Porsche update IIRC. Not sure when it was introduced.

Interesting topic...

The main oil pump on my turbo was seized when the engine was being dismantled so I need a new one as you can see..

36403380014_b1e6f026b9_h.jpg[/url]

And it sits in the middle of this whole housing...

36403379654_ca234c951c_h.jpg

And guess what!? Porsche won't let you buy the little bit you need.. Noooo you have to buy the whole unit at £1200+

:rolleyes:

Archived