new battery

alank

Hi can anyone point me in the direction of any threads about fitting a new battery. I hear about putting ign sw in position 2, and keeping power on the car whilst changing. I just want to know the correct way to do it. Its a 2003 S, so the radio will not need a code. I was just a bit concerned about things like windows need resseting, etc.   Many thanks

Might be different on a 987 but here's what I did recently on mine...

- ignition to 1, this prevents alarm from going off when battery disconnected

- disconnect old battery & swap for new one

- job done!

- windows - I just wound down & up a couple of times so that they remembered positions

- my stereo didn't need a code, think the later cars match to ecu or something

- if you have some options, its possible that after battery change they may get 'forgotten' - things like heated seats / cruise control may need recoding by someone that has the appropriate software. Initially my cruise & heated seats didn't work but then everything went back to normal after 15 minutes driving

- you may find that you get some error messages relating to psm etc - these will go after a two minute drive

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Just changed my battery to a Varta 110.  As you said Boxstercol, Ign to 1st position, and just had to reset Drivers window,  Spins over much faster now on start up.  Thanks   Alan

Archived