Bulbs going bad?

MakeTeaNotWar

A decent pair of xenon bulbs aren’t cheap so I wanted to get some thoughts from you guys before taking the plunge.

ive noticed a few times while driving home that my off side dipped beam hasn’t been on but a subsequent journey it was ok again, it happened again tonight confirmed  by checking after getting home. However leaving the engine running i turned the lights off and back on and the bulb was OK again.

ive no idea when the bulbs were last changed and the light output doesn’t seem great which may indicate age, but the fact it was able to come back on again leaves me wondering what’s going on, any thoughts?

pics below 

https://imgur.com/gallery/zdb15

Are they Litronics? First check all the plugs are seated ok. If ok it's possibly the headlight switch although that should affect both lights. 

I had a litronic bulb with an intermittent failure, if I turned the lights on and the faulty bulb failed to light, I found turning the lights off and on again would fix it. I tested by swapping the bulbs between headlights to confirm it was the bulb. I changed it for a Philips bulb which as I recall was not cheap at around £100.

On 16/10/2017 at 7:54 AM, Boxey11 said:

I had a litronic bulb with an intermittent failure, if I turned the lights on and the faulty bulb failed to light, I found turning the lights off and on again would fix it. I tested by swapping the bulbs between headlights to confirm it was the bulb. I changed it for a Philips bulb which as I recall was not cheap at around £100.

Sounds the same as my issue, I’ve cleaned the contacts and touch wood haven’t had the issue for over a week but I can see the bulbs don’t match in colour and brightness so will take this as a queue to buy a new set of nightbreakers 

Archived