Annoying roof creak

MakeTeaNotWar

I've got a permanent and very annoying creak that seems to be coming from the roof, passenger side only, being passenger side its difficult to be sure exactly where but i think its near where the handle is on the roof section above the mirror/sun visor.

Not sure how long its been there, I think since ive had the car but with the cold weather setting in the roofs up all the time so its adding to the general depression of not being able to drive top down anyway...

Has anyone got any tips with how to get rid of this? i'd love to be able to drive and not hear it... :(

There are 2 slots one each side. Make sure they are tight. Also clean the seals and use some gummi pflege on the roof and window seals to keep them supple and sealing nicely.

Thanks, will try some. Have managed to narrow down the noise to the passenger side along where the roof joins the windscreen, theres a metal cover the runs the length of that roof section which if I apply some light pressure stops the noise... alas I cant drive around 1 handed all the time.

I applied some silicone grease to see if it'd help, it did a bit, removed the grease the other night and the noise was far more pronounced again so i'll try some gummi plfege as suggested :)

Archived