Battery drain problem.

andygo

31 minutes ago, andygo said:

As I mentioned in my first post, the passenger window had dropped about 6or 7 inches, allowing judicious poking\tweaking with a broom handle,

just tried the sequencing of lock-in/unlocking as advised in a recent link....nope didn’t work...

Ah ... now that’s a bugger ... the BoXa collective needs to consider ... 

Whoo Hoo, got a result!

Popped the roof through the passenger window which gave me a couple of inches of room at the leading edge of the drivers window.

Wedged the roof up with a rolled up towel which gave me another inch.

I have some tough ally flat bar, about 25mm x 3mm which i drilled 3 holes in and cable tied the key to at the end.

I was able to manouver the key into the lock and turned the ignition on. I then went round to the passenger side and lowered the window and did a Nascar style entry into the car. removed the key from the bar and started engine. Getting better.........

Pressed the central unlock button and doors unlocked but no joy using key fob. Pressed the unlock lock part on the keyfob whilst it was in the ignition, light on centre of dashboard flashed.

Took key out and BINGO! Utter result!

Thanks for your help guys, appreciated. Was getting a bit worried, $$$$$$$$$.

Thanks guys, just hope there is no parasitic battery drain! I think I'll leave it on charge overnight and see what happens...

I was just lucky the window was down 6 ins or I don't know how i would have sorted it. Still a very weird issue all round.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2017 at 1:22 PM, andygo said:

Whoo Hoo, got a result!

Popped the roof through the passenger window which gave me a couple of inches of room at the leading edge of the drivers window.

Wedged the roof up with a rolled up towel which gave me another inch.

I have some tough ally flat bar, about 25mm x 3mm which i drilled 3 holes in and cable tied the key to at the end.

I was able to manouver the key into the lock and turned the ignition on. I then went round to the passenger side and lowered the window and did a Nascar style entry into the car. removed the key from the bar and started engine. Getting better.........

Pressed the central unlock button and doors unlocked but no joy using key fob. Pressed the unlock lock part on the keyfob whilst it was in the ignition, light on centre of dashboard flashed.

Took key out and BINGO! Utter result!

Thanks for your help guys, appreciated. Was getting a bit worried, $$$$$$$$$.

hi andy go can you use the key to unlock the doors mechanically  cheers 

Battery drain is pretty much zero. I have put the car in dry storage with car unlocked, window open, bonnet open and a battery maintainer hooked up. Think I'll be ok :)

I reckon it was duff battery and then me confusing the alarm module with battery disconnects/funny loads etc. Should be ticketty boo from now.

Such a shame it's parked up for the winter, miss driving it!

Archived