2004 986 Boxter Seats into 2002 986 Boxter S

Andrew P

Hi, i am looking to change my present seats for slightly younger ones but with electric height adjustment. Can anybody advise if 2004 986 seats would fit straight into my 2002 986 Boxter S. From a  seat bracket straight bolt in point of view and also the electric connection. 

Present seats are heated with manual height, manual fwd / back and electric back rest tilt adjustment.

Presently considering the same but with electric height adjustment. 

Instead of the above, if I found any 986 seats of any age car and any electric / manual combination would they fit my car, i.e. plug and play ? 

Cheers and Thanks for the help. 

• 1 month later...

Didn't pick up the seats in the end as when saw them they weren't as described ie. No electric height adjustment, in fact on one of them no height adjustment at all and they were also from a left hand drive !

Anyway have now sorted seat back on existing car with help from forum so will try that. Cheers 

My 2002 S has forward, aft, front/rear end raise/lower and heated.  Must have been an options along with the 3 memory settings find it very useful tbh. In fact I find these seats the most comfortable I've ever had and can do a long journey without anything going knumb or getting out with lower back ache! 

On 16/01/2018 at 7:48 PM, Clivescoobydo said:

My 2002 S has forward, aft, front/rear end raise/lower and heated.  Must have been an options along with the 3 memory settings find it very useful tbh. In fact I find these seats the most comfortable I've ever had and can do a long journey without anything going knumb or getting out with lower back ache! 

Are these the sports seats with the 'wings' or the standard seats? Both, upgraded to full electric spec obviously. And chance of some pics of the switchgear and seats :)

Wonder how much that would have added to the final bill. AFAIK, standard spec was electric seatback adjustment and manual everything else. I ask as I've got heated sports seats. They're not uncomfortable by any stretch, but I'm not blown away by the comfort side of things. 

Archived