Fitting a Dash Cam

Grizzlee

Looking to hardwire my dash cam in as I can't stand all the wires hanging around.

What is the best route to get from the windscreen to the fuse box, and just how difficult a job is it?

It's not difficult, work from the interior lights, remove the sunvisorand, then the piece between there & the A pillar trim. Just be mindful that the cheaper dash cams can cause interference with the fm radio tuner.

7 minutes ago, T24RES said:

It's not difficult, work from the interior lights, remove the sunvisorand, then the piece between there & the A pillar trim. Just be mindful that the cheaper dash cams can cause interference with the fm radio tuner.

Great, thanks for the info. I've got a Nextbase 412 so hope that is not  a problem model? That said radio reception at the best, is pretty poor.

Is getting from top of the dash down to the fuse box easy enough?  

You can usually work the wires into the trim strips and feed over to the passenger side 12v outlet. Wiring is mostly concealed. When you look at the options on the trim strips you'll figure it out!

4 minutes ago, Toeside said:

You can usually work the wires into the trim strips and feed over to the passenger side 12v outlet. Wiring is mostly concealed. When you look at the options on the trim strips you'll figure it out!

Perfect, thanks for the info

26 minutes ago, perleman said:

Yes, buy a piggy back blade for the fuse box and use a switched fuse socket - something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Standard-Add-A-Circuit-Fuse-Box-Holders-Piggy-Back-Adaptor-Car-ATO-ATC-ACU/322507617095?hash=item4b16f3b347:g:U7QAAOSwOMdZVLiG

Many thanks, I didn't know there were such things!

Archived