Where to buy front drain grommet/pipes?

karlp606

So after further investigation with my wheel off it looks as theres no drain pipe coming from the right hand side drain grommet next to the battery, so water has been running through not draining and sloshing about into the passenger footwell.

xFxiRMLm.jpg

zEzds1am.jpg

And where can I find a new drain grommet/tube?

PS Whats the other left hand side grommet with water marks around it?

Hi Karl. Been looking at mine recently (2003, S) as i have damp passenger side. I think that the ones near battery may not have drain tubes. Apparently Porsche just fitted Drain Grommets at some time . If you look into the grommet does it tapper to a Slit . 

I've also been researching the same thing as my 986 has also developed a leak in the passenger footwell. The four drain holes all have the slitted grommets.Haven't poked underneath to see if there are any tubes connected.

42 minutes ago, alank said:

Hi Karl. Been looking at mine recently (2003, S) as i have damp passenger side. I think that the ones near battery may not have drain tubes. Apparently Porsche just fitted Drain Grommets at some time . If you look into the grommet does it tapper to a Slit . 

Mines definitely had the grommets as I can see the top half of the grommet has been pushed through and I cant see the drain tube through the small opening,

The left hand side one does have a drain tube/grommet.

29 minutes ago, Gutley said:

I've also been researching the same thing as my 986 has also developed a leak in the passenger footwell. The four drain holes all have the slitted grommets.Haven't poked underneath to see if there are any tubes connected.

Check under neath because I dont think the grommets are the essential component as if theres no drain tube connected to the grommet then water will seep through hole in the battery compartment then just slosh about around the firewell until it finds its way out either into the footwells or underneath the car.

Ive had a look at this thread and found it very useful.

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/66146-need-everyones-help-pushed-front-drain-hole-grommet-through-hole.html

Archived