Oil cap knock

Liberty

Sorry folks paranoid.Cars been standing for a few weeks,started it up,all good,thought I'd let it warm up for a bit and check all is ok.Looked at the coolant level,was fine.Took oil cap of and heard knocking put my ear closer and sounds really load.Now I'm thinking can't remember that being there before?No knock when caps back on.Am I losing my mind?Help please...

Cant say I've heard any knocking, and sorry I'm not going to have a dig around to see if I can find any that would really set my Porsche paranoia off, will be interesting if others on here have heard what you have mentioned, I might have a listen if it's the norm.

Guvs

On 09/03/2018 at 7:13 AM, Guvs said:

Cant say I've heard any knocking, and sorry I'm not going to have a dig around to see if I can find any that would really set my Porsche paranoia off, will be interesting if others on here have heard what you have mentioned, I might have a listen if it's the norm.

Guvs

Thanks Guvs.Have tried to convince myself that the lack of replies meant 'of course your gonna hear knocking with the cap of kind of thing.Would be grateful if someone would confirm one way or the other tho.

Archived