New condensers

Buzzlt

One of the recognised weak points of the design. Porsche really should have protected these from the factory. Did you add the grills/mesh to protect them from road debris in future. Worth doing if not and fairly cheap/easy. Mine were replaced a couple of years ago. 

Ebay coolparts - very nicely made japanese imports i think with 2 year guarantee. Also you want to replace the receiver dryer.

Heres some of the part numbers for coolparts/ ebay. £117 all in at the moment.

43-AAG0357 set of O’ rings with all the sizes you need. Maybe not exact but will fit and work.

99657311103 Condenser x2 with the ports like in the picture on opposite sides.

31RD1006 Receiver Dryer. Actually silver aluminium and matches the originsl not like in the picture.

All easy enough to fit and nothing complicated. Only things which were a bit of a bugger were the two screws behind the side repeaters which you have to remove the wheelarch liner to get at. Also the clip just inside the headlights (take them out) is a a bit odd and slides to the side make sure you google it.

Getting 850g of R134a back in at only 4 deg C took a while and to begin with the compressor wouldn’t run to help. There was a fault logged with my durametric for the AC and it (the compressor) only worked when I cleared it but guess disconnecting the battery 2 or three times might have a the same effect.

Grab a bargin while you can !

Oh and of one of the mods fancies moving this to technical and maybe adding some more appropriate tags it might be handy for others. Took me a while to find the right bits/ part numbers as some were not quite as in the PET.

• 2 years later...

Hi Buzzit, sorry to re-ignite this old thread, but did not want to start a new one when this was bang on topic!

Coolparts still do the parts for about £115 all in (both sides) and seem to warranty the condensers for 5years now.  Were you happy with the quality? 
And the O-Rings don't match up exactly but they seem close enough. I think you need 10.6mm x 2mm (x4) - condensers and 6.7mm x 1.8mm (x2) 

Given your time again would you go this route? Porsche Indy and local guys are saying £520!

Would apprciate your thoughts!

13 minutes ago, GreenBhoy said:

Hi Buzzit, sorry to re-ignite this old thread, but did not want to start a new one when this was bang on topic!

Coolparts still do the parts for about £115 all in (both sides) and seem to warranty the condensers for 5years now.  Were you happy with the quality? 
And the O-Rings don't match up exactly but they seem close enough. I think you need 10.6mm x 2mm (x4) - condensers and 6.7mm x 1.8mm (x2) 

Given your time again would you go this route? Porsche Indy and local guys are saying £520!

Would apprciate your thoughts!

Yep the condensers were Japanese I think. Nothing wrong with them at all. The receiver dryer looked a bit cheap but it works. I would buy the same stuff again. No leaks from the O rings either. 

Archived