Door/window drain holes??

karlp606

So after some bad weather I found the bottom of my doorcard quite wet so I thought the usual split door membrane and water running down, checked the membrane and all seemed okay. 

After parking the car up in some rain again yesterday I thought I best check the doorcard again, and again it was wet :/. 

So I put a towel between the door and car sill and checked this morning after the bad rain yesterday and the door card was dry but the towel was saturated, so I’m guessing water is getting down the inside of the door and the running along the sill causing the doorcard to be wet, rather than water going inside the doorcard and through the membrane. 

Any ideas where I should start?? I’m guessing the water is getting in towards the front of door. 

If your door card is wet then it's probably the membrane is not sealed properly against the door along the bottom edge, or it's getting in through the clips. Check none are broken, and that all the ones along the bottom edge are fully seated. Some grease or silicone spray can help them seal better. 

Even if the membrane visually looks ok, they are basically rubbish and prone to leaking.  I'd get someone with a hosepipe to direct it around the mirror and seal at the bottom of the window whilst you sit and watch inside (have the doorcard removed obviously).  After a few seconds you should be able to see where it's coming in.

I’ve just checked it and seems to be water getting in when the door is closed between the door as the front wing, it seems to pool at the bottom then trickle back along the door sill causing the bottom of the doorcard to get wet. 

Is there a seal or anything that should be in place, like a barrier to stop the water running back along the doorsill

Archived