Owners handbook/manual

LordGrover

Patience, young padawan :P It'll be worth the wait...

FWIW, the factory fit Becker manual was twice as thick as the manual for the car!

3 hours ago, LordGrover said:

Is there a PDF or other downloadable users/owners manual/handbook for the 986?

The only 986 (either .1 or .2) manuals I have ever seen online have been scanned in versions of the French language versions. I think the 986 was just too early for it to be routine to make pdf versions of documents available unfortunately; you'd find more stuff if you were looking from 987 onwards I'm afraid. Unless your french is up to scratch I think you'll just have to wait, patiently! :) 

In case you haven't seen them, there are a couple of poor-ish scans of 986 sales brochures at the following link. They're not even the full brochures though, they look like much slimmer 'summary' ones: http://coochas.com/brochures/986.html.

15 hours ago, Southy said:

Well found Southy - but doh! as I've just realised I already had a downloaded copy of that dated 2010, so must have found it myself once. (I recognised the 'workshop-manuals' watermark, though that website doesn't seem to exist anymore.)

Just to be clear, that manual looks like it is for a 986.2 which is what I think the OP is currently trying to buy. Not sure what year it is - also it looks like the US version so just be aware there may be some minor differences.

There's another Boxster manual online as well that may be useful for somebody (I think someone posted a link to it on here years ago). Note the warning to read it all the way through before using your Boxster: Boxster Owner's Manual I think this should be pinned somewhere :lol:

Archived