Child Seats that won't ruin the leather?

DavidC

Hi,

Our son is now big enough that he's out growing his car baby seat. This is an issue as that seat was nice and narrow, sitting on the Boxster seat base with out crushing the lower side bolsters.

Now that he needs the next size up, I want to find out if there is a forum favourite choice of seat, to best look after my car's actual seats. I was thinking about having something made up that would sit between the child seat and the boxster's seat to protect the leather but realise that this may actually be illegal so am hoping for a better off-the-shelf option.

At the moment I'm looking at the Britax Evola 123, Britax King II and Maxi Cosi Tobi. What others have people used in their 986's?

DC

1 hour ago, Hotcoles said:

How old is your little one? 

I’ve used a Britax eclipse in mine with said towel or picnic rug underneath.

He's 14 months, we just changed the child seat in the wife's Golf for a nice new forward facing Maxi Cosi and he's been so much more relaxed in that than the old rear facing seat.

Time to get something else for the boxster. I'll look at the Eclipse,  definitely going into the shortlist. 

Thanks for the recommendation,  I also got or the Eclipse this week.  Now I just need to get something to cover the leather seat as the rubbing nose is insane, but that seat fits well and my son seems happy enough in it.

On 6/4/2018 at 9:00 PM, Hotcoles said:

How old is your little one? 

I’ve used a Britax eclipse in mine with said towel or picnic rug underneath.

He's 14 months, we just changed the child seat in the wife's Golf for a nice new forward facing Maxi Cosi and he's been so much more relaxed in that than the old rear facing seat.

Time to get something else for the boxster. I'll look at the Eclipse,  definitely going into the shortlist. 

12 hours ago, DavidC said:

Thanks for the recommendation,  I also got or the Eclipse this week.  Now I just need to get something to cover the leather seat as the rubbing nose is insane, but that seat fits well and my son seems happy enough in it.

Enjoy driving with your little co pilot!

Archived