north wales

alank

Hi , Going to North wales in a couple of weeks for a few days. Has anyone got any favourite roads they would recommend, as I hear their are some nice ones up their, am staying in Betws-y-Coed. Thanks for any recommendations,  alan

They are pretty much all good from there, although many can get busy with dawdlers during the day.

I'm very fond of the B4391 from Ffestiniog (South of Blaenau Ffestiniog), the A4085 from Caernarfon to Beddgelert and the A498\4086 from Beddgelert to Capel Curig. It's hard to find a bad road in the mountains though.

The evo triangle and the horseshoe pass are great bits of road. 

The Pondarosa cafe is also a good little stop for a spot of breakfast and a coffee (it’s on the horseshoe pass). 

As as others have said, lots of great roads and stunning scenery in Nirth Wales. 

We had a family holiday in Rhyl in May and I drove the Boxster up and absolutely loved it - beware, you do get a few who want to race you and a few who want to dawdle and hold you up!!

Enjoy your trip. 

• 2 weeks later...

Back from weekend in North Wales,  the roads, WOW. Did Evo triangle, Beddgelert to Capel Curig, in fact they are all great driving roads, finished off drivng down to Black Mountains in the south  on the A470 and popping out in Bristol. Together with walking up and down  Snowdon, and a few Welsh pints it was a great weekend. 700 miles in all and the car seemed to love it, just an annoying rattle/vibration ( I hope ) on tickover I need to chase down,  Thanks for recommendations about the roads . Looking forward to it again soon, cheers

Archived