Headlamp bezels

Kilsh

Has anyone fitted headlamp bezels? As my edges are cracked it appears even if filled and sanded that vinyl trims such as KI Studios, may not adhere to cover the problem areas. I think bezels may be available from the research I hsve done but can’t find a source.

Cheers

Kilsh

7F5C3EDD-527D-4AE1-B3D7-CA1948066AC7.thumb.jpeg.fdeaf917a7896a86d6bcd0db357225f2.jpeg

Thanks Lonewolf

TBH I wouldnt fit them normally but apart from spending 2k to replace the lights it’s looking like my only option. unless anyone else can suggest an alternative solution? You can see the cracking and delamination I’m trying to cover in the photo above.

Cheers

Kilsh

Been talking to Kyle at KI Studios re vinyl he’s concerned even after a refurb the areas which are cracked may reject the vinyl. It’s going into Zuffenhaus In a couple of weeks for some warranty stuff, their vinyl guy will have a look at it for me too.

It’s definitely a awkward one.

I looked at the used lights for you but they are all so expensive.

I was wondering if you could pick up a faulty pair which weren’t cracked and maybe swap bits over. I’m not sure if it’s even an option but just an idea.

I know with the other models people have managed to remove the lenses for cleaning and painting and wondered if it was possible with yours if you found a cheap faulty set in good condition ?

Thanks again

Yes you are right, used Ones are still expensive. I asked about removing lenses but they are bonded, In fact ZH thoihght the initial damage may have been caused by someone trying to remove the lenses, it’s possible I suppose, I just think it’s a bad manufacturing batch.

Im now looking at if the cracks and delam could be filled smooth enough to accept vinyl after a UV clearcoat following another discussion with KI.

Archived