Lambadas

mattomg

17 hours ago, golfprorich said:

Chill..........there's often banter/mild pee taking on here.

Anyway I answered your query

BTW,where or how does one find the OEM number to the sensor I buy is as near to the OEM as possible for an aftermarket Bosch part ?

I have looked all over but can't find where you can research these umbers. Is there a specific website where I can find the OEM numbers and their aftermarket code numbers ?

Thanks again

57 minutes ago, mattomg said:

I have looked all over but can't find where you can research these umbers. Is there a specific website where I can find the OEM numbers and their aftermarket code numbers ?

Thanks again

Have a look on Design 911. You'll find the Porsche part number then you can just google it and find the Bosch one

2 hours ago, golfprorich said:

Have a look on Design 911. You'll find the Porsche part number then you can just google it and find the Bosch one

Really really helpful

Thanks

There is a cross reference table between Bosch part numbers and Porsche part numbers at this page. It has been there for years. Even a theory of operation and suggested approaches to saving money and suggested tools if you want to DIY.

O2 = Lamda in the US

Yes use Bosch parts as they are the best compromise between cost and risk. After all they make em for Porsche. Buy the ones that come with pigtails pre-crimped to the sensor.

On 10/7/2018 at 6:46 PM, mikefocke said:

There is a cross reference table between Bosch part numbers and Porsche part numbers at this page. It has been there for years. Even a theory of operation and suggested approaches to saving money and suggested tools if you want to DIY.

O2 = Lamda in the US

Yes use Bosch parts as they are the best compromise between cost and risk. After all they make em for Porsche. Buy the ones that come with pigtails pre-crimped to the sensor.

My reason for this question is where my Indie will go to his preferred supplier for a new sensor @ £90ish + VAT I have the time to search the same for a better price.

I have found a sensor with OEM numbers of 986 606 12601 & 0258003 806 which differs from your link suggesting the post & pre CAT numes of 12701 & 12801

The one I have found suggests it's suitable for pre & post & links to my model & year (2001 986S) so it's a biy confusing. The part listed is 

https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/bosch/1148805

I can return the item although they are based in Germany

I can only suggest taking off the old sensor and seeing what Bosch part number is on it and cross referencing that. As the table is a bit old by now, Bosch may have changed their manufacturing and thus their part numbers though I would have thought I'd have heard of that by now. Likewise, maybe UK cars use different sensors. Sorry I can't help more.

Archived