The Sunday electrical Gremlin

Christopher2110

Thought I'd give her a run as I hadn't been out with her in a week or so. All ok stopped off about 5 minutes from home, got back in started her up and no sound from the radio! Everything else worked as it should, came up with 'PORSCHE' then FM1 and then the radio station but no sound. Flipped it to CD changer and just read 'CDC ERROR'. Did the well known reset, (turned the ignition off and back on ^_^) still nothing! After fiddling with the CD changer and various buttons on the radio I stropped off into the house. Did a quick forum search and someone suggested take the fuse out and put it back in, got to be worth a go I thought! So off out I went, unlocked, key in the ignition just to check and the radio plays at an ear piercing volume! Normal service resumed! 

Clearly had a visit from an electrical Gremlin who has since departed! 

My Becker CDR22 seems to have a dicky connection to the front panel that causes the sound to go off, or be very quiet. Flipping the front open (to access the CD slot) and closing it again generally fixes it for a bit.

I'm planning on swapping it out for a better headunit at some point so it's not something I'm paying that much attention to.

Archived