Pioneer Head unit

Funk99

45 minutes ago, Bravestarr said:

Just a thought, check the usb cable that attaches your phone to the unit and make sure all is well with it.

Good shout.

I have Android Auto and some cables work perfectly, others don't work at all and some work intermittently.

A good place to start is with the default factory cable that came with the phone.

17 hours ago, dim33 said:

Good shout.

I have Android Auto and some cables work perfectly, others don't work at all and some work intermittently.

A good place to start is with the default factory cable that came with the phone.

Thanks guys, the cable is attached. On phone I have enabled all data etc. for USB and it does register it is connected via USB/Cable when physically connected on both Headunit and Phone....still all to no avail.... 😞

Best wishes,

5 hours ago, Verner said:

Thanks guys, the cable is attached. On phone I have enabled all data etc. for USB and it does register it is connected via USB/Cable when physically connected on both Headunit and Phone....still all to no avail.... 😞

Best wishes,

Have you tried a different cable? I had similar issues with a cable that I bought from Amazon. 

I haven't to be honest. It's all connected in around the back of the unit, by the installer and I don't really want to pull the dash apart to connect a new one....I would have spare bits of dash for ever if I did! 😄

I think mine is setup exactly the same....I will check in the morning. I'll try another cable but the one used is a high quality one which I am fairly sure works fine. Will give it a go though.

It's all quite annoying!

Thanks and Best wishes,

Verner

Folks this isn't the cable's issue, unless you have a phone with android pie, android auto will not function properly if at all. Check whether your phone has or will get pie here; Android Pie 2019 My LG G6 will not work but my upgrade Pixel 3 works flawlessly with Android auto but with the LG cable. 

Hope this helps, any questions drop me a message or @ me

8 hours ago, in_dellible said:

Folks this isn't the cable's issue, unless you have a phone with android pie, android auto will not function properly if at all.

I am running Oreo and it works properly. I've even run it on an old Galaxy S4 running Lollipop and it works.

Hi Verner,

My suggestion to try Apple car play would need an i-phone and appropriate cable. 

I do wonder reading all the recent posts if it isn't as simple as your cable though. Either type or connection.

To get access to the back isn't nearly as hard as you think. The stereo surround plastic cover should unclip and the unit then slides out. Try a quick google search.

Just now, in_dellible said:

I Stand Corrected. You don't get frequent disconnects? 

No. None.

I did have some issues initially as I'd bought various different length cables to allow me to store the phone in different places. Some of these cables wouldn't work at all. With others it would sometimes connect and sometimes it wouldn't.

Finally I bought a quality usb wire from amazon and I've not had any disconnections since.

Just now, dim33 said:

No. None.

I did have some issues initially as I'd bought various different length cables to allow me to store the phone in different places. Some of these cables wouldn't work at all. With others it would sometimes connect and sometimes it wouldn't.

Finally I bought a quality usb wire from amazon and I've not had any disconnections since.

I had a rental Focus with OEM AA that disconnected constantly from my Nougat phone and my Mrs Oreo. We tried a bunch of cables including brand new OEM, made sure settings were correct . Same story. Same issue with the Pioneer headunit in my 987.  Now we're both Pie it works flawlessly. So strange perhaps the headunits are fussy. 

Thanks guys, really, really appreciate the advice/help. Funnily enough Android Pie came to my phone over the weekend. I am taking her to get the Retro-Fit Cruise Control Upgrade tomorrow morning so if I get a chance I'll give the Android Auto thing a go again...…..fingers crossed.

🙂

Best wishes,

Verner

Plugged updated (Android Pie) phone this evening and guess what??!?!? It's finally connected using Android Auto. Keeps trying to get me to use Pioneer APPRadio.

Do I use Android Auto or do I use the AppRadio app?

Haven't had a chance to play, will hopefully do it over the weekend. If anyone has any tips/instructions you could probably save me a lot of heartache and grief....

Not 100% sure where to start with Android Auto/AppRadio etc....but at least it seems to have finally connected.

Thanks for the advice so far guys...

Best wishes,

Verner

Archived