Which Spark Plugs 987.1

Buzzlt

So it’s time to change them, actually it sounds like one of them may have come a bit loose. Before I investigate I might as well get a new set.

Searching ECP a little while ago I found they sell a Bosch set with 4 electrodes. I tried them years ago when I messed around with cars more back in the days when you had points to adjust and didn’t like them. First video of how to change them had the mechanic sl*gging them off as well so guess they haven’t changed much.

Anybody tried/ can recommend some good ones or what not to get? 

Looked at NGK’s but they are 3 times the price but if people think they are worth it.... Also tricky to suss out which ones exactly.

On 12/3/2018 at 9:47 PM, Buzzlt said:

So it’s time to change them, actually it sounds like one of them may have come a bit loose. Before I investigate I might as well get a new set.

Searching ECP a little while ago I found they sell a Bosch set with 4 electrodes. I tried them years ago when I messed around with cars more back in the days when you had points to adjust and didn’t like them. First video of how to change them had the mechanic sl*gging them off as well so guess they haven’t changed much.

Anybody tried/ can recommend some good ones or what not to get? 

Looked at NGK’s but they are 3 times the price but if people think they are worth it.... Also tricky to suss out which ones exactly.

I'm also interested in this, it's a job I plan for my 987.1 2.7 soon also!

• 2 weeks later...

Well as I have to just get under the car anyway as one of the Lamda sensors has failed I thought I would order some anyway. So I am going to try £40 quids worth (6) of Denso’s IK22’s from the bay. They will do for now as I am skint this month. Although I did order 2 Lamda sensors as ECP has a sale on and the ones after the cats only cost £50 for a pair. Their Spark plugs aren’t so cheap though and I still don’t fancy the Bosch ones. Something to do over Christmas.... maybe it will run a bit smoother next year.

I used the standard Beru and the Denso Iridiums in my previous modded 986. Both worked well. I used the Densos after it was mapped. 

I bought some Bosch FGR5KQE0 from fleabay for £36. Not fitted yet though, will obviously do so at the same time as the coil packs!

Archived