Front grilles

Robert Young

Just bought our first Boxster, a 2000 model, not an S, old but very nice in Zenith blue. Simple question - what colour should the front grilles be?  These look like they are a sun bleached grey rather than black as I thought that they should be - or should they in fact be grey. Just can't tell by looking at photos.

They all do that sir. Fairly straightforward job, pop the front bumper off (pretty easy if the bolts undo OK) and they're accessible. Some people add some extra mess behind them to stop leaves getting in and clogging the rads. Also worth checking while you have the bumper off.

Ive done that to mine, bought some black metal mesh from Halfords and cut to shape and screwed behind the original grills, I also respirated the original grills back to black.

If you put the mesh behind it will save your radiators as they seem to suck in all kinds of cr*p over the years. They also look pretty good to, still stock as its behind the main grill but on closer inspection you can see the mesh.

10 hours ago, Robert Young said:

Thanks for that. I'll certainly be doing that. Just hope the bumper is easy to remove. 

I see you also have a Mini Cooper S - great cars - do you have a classic Mini Cooper S or a modern MINI Cooper S?

It’s a modern one, but have now given that to my daughter.

Archived