thoughts

mark_j70

Hi there 

From the advert it looks very promising.

It looks to have a decent spec,heated seats,climate control, xenon headlights 👍and the better clocks with the temperature etc. It has the slightly upgraded sound package, speaker in doors and dashboard.

I would ask the seller for some information of what maintenance it has had besides normally servicing. Didn’t see a price so I can’t tell if it is priced fairly?

If it’s local it is definitely worth a look 👍

I’m not really clued up on the prices but it doesn’t sound unreasonable as long as it is as tidy as he claims.

Its important to find out what work he has had carried out on the car, it will give you a good idea of what may potentially need attention in your ownership.

I bought a similar car 3years ago with 59k for £7000. 

I also saw this one on ebay as I'm hunting at the moment too.

It's just had its MOT done &  history shows brake pads wearing thin and disks pitted or scored and lower suspension arm bush / pin worn but not resulting in excessive movement - from the history it looks like the discs were last replaced in 2008 / 2009 - so your discs will probably need doing in the near future - not cheap from what I have read but others on here will know.

As a heads up don't hang around going to look at it ,as anything I have liked I have just missed by a day  and more people are hunting now we are getting in to spring. Hopefully  we wont end up fighting over the same cars - I missed out on a totally re-set 2001 986 S and a Gen 2 987 - but I'm quite a way from you in Wiltshire - good luck hunting - its nearly as stressful as moving house! - personally I'm starting to despair as there are a lot out there but finding a good one you like  is really hard.

Guvs has a lovely 987 SE up for sale for £10 k and if it wasn't red I bought bite his arm off for - it really is a beautiful car and very well regarded  on the forum - I just can't do red cars.

27 minutes ago, CAZ said:

I also saw this one on ebay as I'm hunting at the moment too.

It's just had its MOT done &  history shows brake pads wearing thin and disks pitted or scored and lower suspension arm bush / pin worn but not resulting in excessive movement - from the history it looks like the discs were last replaced in 2008 / 2009 - so your discs will probably need doing in the near future - not cheap from what I have read but others on here will know.

As a heads up don't hang around going to look at it ,as anything I have liked I have just missed by a day  and more people are hunting now we are getting in to spring. Hopefully  we wont end up fighting over the same cars - I missed out on a totally re-set 2001 986 S and a Gen 2 987 - but I'm quite a way from you in Wiltshire - good luck hunting - its nearly as stressful as moving house! - personally I'm starting to despair as there are a lot out there but finding a good one you like  is really hard.

Guvs has a lovely 987 SE up for sale for £10 k and if it wasn't red I bought bite his arm off for - it really is a beautiful car and very well regarded  on the forum - I just can't do red cars.

I’m just down the road from you, if you need another set of eyes when looking at a potential purchase.

Good luck with the hunt both of you

On a 2.7 I did Pagid discs and pads front and rear for £191 from ECP, an S maybe a little more than this but it'll give you a ball park for doing it yourself.

Agree with what everyone else has said, superficially it looks tidy, but the mechanicals are important, so you need to find out what work has been done.

MOT history here, definitely check the suspension and brakes

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Archived