Storage compartment, door stuck

Steffydog

The sliding doors to the storage unit behind the seats, one of my sliding doors drivers side has stuck open, better than closed I guess, but any ideas as I don’t want to just force it closed.

Basically I was washing all the carpets today, and opened the doors to clean inside, and it now won’t close,, it will move a few inches, images below, any ideas please peeps.

Thanks in advance, car is an 2006, 987

EEDA50AA-613F-4EB2-99F0-6B8D98686CA7.jpeg

92C827BB-F165-48DC-9715-8EB14546E905.jpeg

This happened to mine and to be honest I lived with it for a year but when I decided to fit four 3" speakers two each side I managed to fix it easy fix but you will need to take the box out to work on it just lift the arm on the top of the black screws at the top of the box and turn half a turn it I remember check out in the how to section of installation if speakers to see out to.

Hi John2000, ok I will have a nosey, can’t see in the 6 pages of how too, anything on your speaker installation, nor on your posts, must be me.

Guess I’ll need to find a video of how to get the storage box out too, unless anyone has a link, cheers. 

Thanks NicGun, I’ll have a go with that, guess I’ll need to learn how the rear comes apart at some point, I’m new to these. Thanks again, I’ll post up when I’ve done it. 

1 minute ago, the baron said:

This happens to mine occasionally, a bit of brute force will get it closed.

Ahhhhhhh, banzai!

On 5/7/2019 at 7:29 PM, Steffydog said:

Decided to go with a good tug from the opposite side, boom, she’s moving again, thanks guys. 

Just don't open it up as much, in future. :)

On 5/2/2019 at 7:56 PM, Steffydog said:

Guess I’ll need to find a video of how to get the storage box out too, unless anyone has a link, cheers. 

If you did find how the storage box is fastened in place, it would be worth checking if it's properly in place ie latched down fully both sides. Tambour doors only need a slight mis-alignment to jam, and if the box is twisted just slightly because one corner is raised out of position, that could be enough to do it.

While you're there, you can go just that extra little step and take the inspection cover off to see your engine :) ... something every 986/987 owner should do at least once!

Archived