Euro road trip planner

zagamuffin

Hi all

Have a euro road trip planned since last year and am only short a 981 to complete it lol, the hunt goes on...

in in the meantime is anyone using a good route planner as normal map software isnt really set up for building or planning a multi stop trip.....

I tend to find the best place to start is with a good old paper map to sketch the route out and pick the most suitable roads, then transfer the rough plan to Garmin or similar to get it all saved and locatable.  AA Routeplanner is quite useful although losing most of the screen to ads is annoying..

1 hour ago, Ninja02 said:

google maps is brilliant to plan and adapt routes.  You used to be able to transfer the route via additional website for GPS

Google maps no longer let you copy/paste into route planning sites. Limited on number of waypoints as well.

TomTom does have a route planning app but the mapping is cr*p.

When I was planning my driving holiday last year, used myrouteapp, paid for 1 months upgrade to use google maps with it. Saved all the routes as .itn files and unloaded to the TomTom "my drive" website, sync'd with satnav all ready to go.

Saved the routes for each day, just select from "my routes" on the satnav

Archived