Boot lid goes clunk

Chuckie66

This is getting a bit techie, but not having another 987 around to compare, here goes...

After fiddling with my Boot latch and bump stops recently (fixing the micro switch/alarm),  I notice that when I drop the boot lid to close, it closes with a softy clunk 🙂 Previously it just bounced in the latch and I had to press the boot lid down to close, plus there was always a bit of movement in the lid once closed . I'm assuming the close with the clunk is the norm?  

The front boot lid is similar and I have to press that down to close, hopefully that can be altered so it can drop closed? or maybe its meant to bounce to prevent you locking your keys i!

the damper(s)  on mine prevent dropping - from memory i lower it to about 3 inches from closed - let go, it slowly drops to "popped" position and i press on the lid to latch - don't think it would close on a drop from any kind of height so maybe look and see if the damper is leaking.

Generally I think they are designed be pressed closed rather than dropped / slammed - but thats how I always close boots and bonnets so have never tested it.

Archived