Boxster goes today

Waxy

As the title suggests, today I say goodbye to my lovely little 981.

It is to make room for a 997.2 Carrera 2, which I should be getting in the next couple of days. Whilst I have always loved the Boxster, it has always been an ambition to own a 911 since I was a kid, so this is very much a dream realised.

If I could have somehow kept the 981 and got the 997, then I would. I suspect I will end up back in a mid-engined Porsche again at some point, but for now, let's see what it is like to own a 911.

Incidentally my less than 1 year old Stormforce cover is for sale if anyone is interested.

I did a comparison video earlier in the year, loved them both especially the 3.6l in the c2 but ultimately I felt it was too grown up for a weekender.

I'd have one as my do it all car for sure, there is something about them that just makes you smile.

Hope the one you've chosen has the sports exhaust it's a must have 'if' you like a bit of noise.

6 hours ago, daz05 said:

I did a comparison video earlier in the year, loved them both especially the 3.6l in the c2 but ultimately I felt it was too grown up for a weekender.

I'd have one as my do it all car for sure, there is something about them that just makes you smile.

Hope the one you've chosen has the sports exhaust it's a must have 'if' you like a bit of noise.

@daz05 yes, I watched your video! Man you have some lovely roads by you. Shame it is so bloody far away from Hertfordshire.

The car I am buying is very similar to the one you drove, Basalt black, PDK, sports Chrono and a sports exhaust.

My overriding impression is also that it is a bit more serious than the Boxster, which is a super fun sports car. I have genuinely loved my 981, but I have loved and wanted a 911 since I was a kid. Also I have 3 kids and the number of times the Boxster had to stay at home because I had more than one passenger were numerous.

I do think I will eventually come back to a mid engined Porsche, but for now I am going to live out my childhood fantasy.

26 minutes ago, Waxy said:

I do think I will eventually come back to a mid engined Porsche, but for now I am going to live out my childhood fantasy. 

Enjoy the car! I scratched the 911 itch, and am pleased I did it, and am now back in a Boxster. As you've implied the 911 will be different to the Boxster but a lot of fun.

Have owned 3 Boxster S models (986,987 & 981) and now in a lovely 911 C4S and wow its a lot of fun.

Loved the Boxsters but the 911 is something else - feels solid, hell of a lot of fun, road presence and driving round corners is crazy (might be the RWS and FWD). Its got lots of extras which is a major plus also as my 986 S had no cup holders and no glove box.

Had it 2 months and loving every bit of it as its a daily driver but not many miles.

4 hours ago, Waxy said:

@daz05 yes, I watched your video! Man you have some lovely roads by you. Shame it is so bloody far away from Hertfordshire.

The car I am buying is very similar to the one you drove, Basalt black, PDK, sports Chrono and a sports exhaust.

My overriding impression is also that it is a bit more serious than the Boxster, which is a super fun sports car. I have genuinely loved my 981, but I have loved and wanted a 911 since I was a kid. Also I have 3 kids and the number of times the Boxster had to stay at home because I had more than one passenger were numerous.

Yes we do, it's definitely the roads, rather than the weather, I stick around for!

That's a great spec, the car I drove defintely needed chrono and the PSE, must haves imho.  The rear end was far more mobile which I liked and the ability to use it more is great.

Archived