Centre Console Lid

Sanky

Just seen some 996 videos and have realised there the lid on the centre console is not functioning like it should.

I knew it was broken because it didn't stay up when I opened.  But I didn't know it was meant to pop open up half way you pressed the button on the console.

I assume the 986 should work the same as the 996?

Going to put it on my To-Do-List for when install the short shift kit, as the repair looks like quite simple with Porsche hinge repair kit.

Only been in a hand full of 9*6 cars, but none of them have done this. Maybe it's a north american thing? No reason you couldn't mod a spring to do it though.

It would probably just hit my wrist and end up annoying me.

• 1 month later...

Just to update on this, the later 986 models do not have this spring and the hinge is different to the repair kits available.

If anyone wants to buy a genuine early hinge repair kit, let me know before it goes on eBay.

13 minutes ago, Sanky said:

Just to update on this, the later 986 models do not have this spring and the hinge is different to the repair kits available.

If anyone wants to buy a genuine early hinge repair kit, let me know before it goes on eBay.

I would be interested in your hinge repair kit as my Boxster is a 1997, How much are you wanting including postage ? Thanks.

Archived