Spyder suspension on a 987

Chuckie66

I'm wondering about the road holding and comfort levels of having the Spyder suspension (springs and shocks) installed on a regular 987 (can be .1 or .2 variants). I understand its about an inch lower ride height, will it reduce the comfort levels when used on our pot  hole ridden roads?  and how noticeable is  the handling, stock was pretty reasonable. Interested in thoughts before I go further into this project. 

Stock suspension is a changeable item after 10 years or so, so whats the alternatives?

I may do a track day per year year but the lack of control is generally behind the wheel 🤣

I’ve got the full Spyder upgrade including anti roll bar.

the handling is even better, particularly on turn in, inspires so much confidence.

ride quality hasn’t really reduced but you do notice that it’s stiffer over particularly bad patches of road

Having bought my first Porsche a 987.1 S this year with 60,000 miles on the clock standard apart from the manifolds and sports cats.

Shocks, springs and arms replaced a few thousand miles before me buying her by a OPC nice big bill and wheel alignment she is tight as a pin.

Suits the roads here in France perfectly even rhd.

Still have to keep asking my self after 40 years of driving why I didn't buy one sooner.

Love this car.

Archived