Brake squeal at the last moment.

philw696

Certainly did Nick.

Did all four calipers.

Whilst the wheels were off and pads out gave the calipers a deep clean and polished them too.

Cleaned the inside of the wheels and when back together looked Stunning.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently on our road trip from France where we live to Portugal and in Santander at the moment.

Over a 1,000 kilometers done mostly with the roof down on some great roads alongside the Atlantic coast.

Brakes are perfect but you now hear everyone else's noise's :)

1 minute ago, philw696 said:

Currently on our road trip from France where we live to Portugal and in Santander at the moment.

Over a 1,000 kilometers done mostly with the roof down on some great roads alongside the Atlantic coast.

Brakes are perfect but you now hear everyone else's noise's :)

Hahah I started replacing my rear brake pads last night as the brake service warning came up on Saturday on the way back from the PCGB R19 breakfast meet at Denbies.

Reason I have not finished it is I didn't by enough of the anti squeal pads....didn't realise it need 4 per calliper....just as well Euro Car Parts has a 50% off sale at the mo :)

I have to say I had massive issues with getting the slide pin out...clearly it hadn't been out for ages....steel passing through ally always a winning combo! Oh and the fact that the old squeal dampeners on the top pistons also fell apart leaving the backing in the piston too didn't help! 

Archived