Possible 987.1 purchase, advice needed

Chuckie66

Looking at potential 987 purchase, but it has issues and looking for advise before I commit... 

2006 987 2.7 manual. Not been serviced in 3 years and requires Main service. Owner sates not used it much lately. That alone is going to be expensive what with gearbox oil and sparks etc.

MOT shows  - Nearside Front Lower Suspension component ball joint has slight play - sounds expensive? I guess both front lower arms need replacing? and the the anti roll bar? I do a bit of DIY so feasible to do yourself?  or cost for a indie?  I'm thinking 1K at least?

Window regulator not working, owner said its the mechanism rather than motor?  probably 150 for the mech, but do motors go? and looks a right PITA to get in the door? cost of an indie?

Shock - its a cayman!  will it have the newer bigger IMS??

Think I'm talking myself into something newer like a gen 2 or 981...

1 hour ago, MH82 said:

Ahem 

Very tempting... I'm trying to curtail overspend at the moment, 1 daughter definitely going to Uni next month, another depends on A level results tomorrow.... also worried about  lower spyder suspension on speed bumps round here. 

My man maths is get something older and DIY those worn out parts as and when. My heart is staying go get a 991.2 4S, or even a 981 PDK.

Archived