USB socket

bandit_287

lads,

i think jon61 has ir susssed

i brought out my verbatim usb2.0 to car again,its a fat32 and plugged it in...NOTHING  on screen bar fm am aux aux bt so i thought of Jons notes so i went to the media and options screen unticked aux and bluetooth and when i reticked and went back i had a usb option.i think either it takes a while for the 20 albums to front load or i initiated a serch for devises..all can play now and able to serch by album,genre,track or artist...tks again BoXa for another win.....

42 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

lads,

i think jon61 has ir susssed

i brought out my verbatim usb2.0 to car again,its a fat32 and plugged it in...NOTHING  on screen bar fm am aux aux bt so i thought of Jons notes so i went to the media and options screen unticked aux and bluetooth and when i reticked and went back i had a usb option.i think either it takes a while for the 20 albums to front load or i initiated a serch for devises..all can play now and able to serch by album,genre,track or artist...tks again BoXa for another win.....

:thumbsup_still:

yes it takes a little while to show, possibly a USB 3.0 will load quicker (that's what I have in mine)

I can’t get the damn pcm to recognise the usb stick, if I plus my iPhone into it, it’s recognised immediately by the pcm and also charges it. I can play burned MP3’s to a DVD no problem so I’ll stick to that and the iPhone music via Bluetooth. 

Another question, should I have JUKEBOX too? If so I can’t enable that either. 

1 hour ago, bandit_287 said:

I can’t get the damn pcm to recognise the usb stick, if I plus my iPhone into it, it’s recognised immediately by the pcm and also charges it. I can play burned MP3’s to a DVD no problem so I’ll stick to that and the iPhone music via Bluetooth. 

Another question, should I have JUKEBOX too? If so I can’t enable that either. 

Bandit - have you tried what zagamuffin did (3 posts above in this thread)? I don't understand why that would make a difference, but it seemed to. His car is a different year to your though.

Re the Jukebox - yes, according to what I understood about the spec of these cars (and yours is the same year as mine), I think you should have a Jukebox. I don't think you should need to 'enable' it, it should just be there. But I can't remember now if you can switch to it before you copy anything to it (though the manual seems to imply you can). I would have suggested that you see if you have the option to copy a MP3 file to it to see if that works, but guess what ... you have to have a USB stick plugged in and working to be able to copy to the Jukebox (I think that's the only source you can use to cipy from). So without getting your USB stick problem sorted, you can't even try this :(.

But if you've read the other thread I linked towards the bottom of page 1 of this thread, you'll see that there seem to be some cars around that depart from the official standard spec. I'd suggest reading that thread anyway in case there's anything in there that helps. But there have also been other cases (in other threads on here somewhere) where cars have needed to be recoded for them to somehow re-remember what they're already fitted with. If you're missing your Jukebox and your USB port is recognising your phone but not a valid USB stick, then it does sound as if something is amiss.

Cheers Jon, yes I’ve tried what zagamuffin had written but that’s not worked. I did read through your link and wonder if that chap Richardhamilton would be kind enough to work his magic and find out the spec of my pcm and inform me if my USB port and jukebox should be working, if so I’ll get Porsche to re-code it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived