PCM 2.1 Woes

mark987

Hi All,

Ever since I've owned the car I have had some minor issues with the PCM, these are:

1. Head unit boots up (Porsche logo) when I start the car but then turns off again. I then have to press the power button and then everything works as normal. I have to do this every time I start the car.

2. If I'm listening to the radio the unit always reverts back to the same station when I start up, never the last station that I was listening too.

3. The latest and most annoying issue that has recently happened is that I cannot set the clock. From my research the GPS sets the time. If I override using the dashboard button, or set the time manually in the PCM menus it always sets itself to something random when I restart the car. (BTW the GPS position in the maps is correct). I've tried resetting using 1,4 & 8, I've pulled the fuses out and left it for hours but still no joy.

I think I've exhausted all the options available to resolve these niggles, the car has even had a handover reset performed (to get the headlight washers working) which made no difference to the PCM. I think the only way forward is to have it reset with a PIWIS unless anyone can suggest anything else?

Thanks.

Swap it out and bring the car fwd to 21st century. Keep the old unit for resale time.

These old PCM's were dated even when new in respects to functionality.

23 hours ago, DaveEFI said:

All these sort of units have two power supplies. One on all the time for the memory, etc. The other switched. I'd check the on all the time one is present and correct.

That's a very good point, it sounds like it could be the cause of issues 1 & 2, not sure about the clock though. Might well be that I have multiple issues as they did not all appear at the same time. If I remember correctly I think the diagnostics came up with error code C141?

Archived