Drain Holes - 987 Flavour

Mattman42

Always check my drain holes when cleaning the car, but getting in today it smelt a little damp. The carpet behind the passenger seat was damp, not soaking luckily and doesn't appear to have traveled far.

Checking the drain holes, even though the little grilles looked clean, when i pulled them out, the passenger side had some leaf residue built up which was slowing the water flow down, but not completely blocking it. All cleared out and flowing like a river again - hopefully caught it in time.

Lifted the carpet at the back up to help dry out - so even the 987.2 can suffer if you aren't careful

My trick to clean them out properly is to have my jet wash set to it’s lowest pressure and have the end of the Lance pressed into the top of the drain tube.   A couple of Quick blasts blows everything out.   

after year’s of MX5s and trombone cleaners etc it’s just something I end up doing every now and then.  

it’s amazing how many cars I’ve seen which has a mild flow of water instead of the proper fast flow.  

the front ones are usually the least maintained I’ve found when looking at friends cars or potential purchases 

Archived