GPS time?

Required

Today I drove the Boxster for the first time since last week.  Arriving at my destination after about an hour, I noticed the clock was still showing BST.  So I used the RH stalk to bring up the Chrono Sport screen, and found the clock settings.  It was set to use GPS time, and I couldn't change the time.  So I unchecked the GPS box, and set the clock back an hour to GMT.  Then I checked the GPS box again, to keep synchronising the clock, and it immediately went back to BST.

I know GPS satellites have to adjust for relativistic time-dilation effects, but I'm surprised it's still summertime up there.

Thinking about it, the GPS satellites know nothing of daylight-saving time, which tends to be varied at the whim of politicians.  Perhaps I should have changed the time zone?

IIRC the GPS setting is a PIA and I've switched it off on both cars PCM's

I've certainly seen the instrument binnacle show one time and the PCM screen another on one fo the cars before (not sure if GPS time linked)

Anyway easiest way to sort time is manual and then click/unclick the summertime setting twice a year :)

Archived