MOT passed today.

chanlon1

46 minutes ago, elgringo said:

I’ve got one in a few weeks, and out of interest, does anyone know if bump stops are part of an MOT?

Pretty sure not as mine was broken in two and was never picked up.

8 hours ago, chanlon1 said:

First MOT under my ownership passed today. 
No advisory’s listed at all. 

More concerned that the engine wouldn’t start at times as I think the alternator/starter is starting to play up. 

You can get a display that plugs into the cigarette lighter that displays voltage and is a really useful way of monitoring alternator charging and charge state of battery. I think mine cost a couple of quid from China on eBay.

On 11/9/2019 at 6:19 PM, Nobbie said:

You can get a display that plugs into the cigarette lighter that displays voltage and is a really useful way of monitoring alternator charging and charge state of battery. I think mine cost a couple of quid from China on eBay.

Or just use a DVM to measure the battery voltage with the engine running. With the battery charged, you should see something like 13.8v. A bit higher if it is still charging. And a DVM has lots of other uses.

On 11/9/2019 at 6:19 PM, Nobbie said:

Yep, these are really useful as you can check all is well while your driving. 

I leave mine permanently plugged in. 

Archived