Classic door leak leading to wet under carpet

sa utah

Thought this picture would be interesting to all those with soggy door card bottoms.  It’s quite clear how this leads to a wet under carpet https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mp68QGZtxFPYUvWA9

I took the door card as off mine an sealed the metal inner panel by loosening the bolts and easing the panel forward before using a flexible sealant a long the bottom edge. Tightened up and refitted and all is good again. Even in today’s constant rain. 

There are certainly holes on the door seal which is part of the car body.....   I mean the water which enters the door itself via the window seal where the actual window drops into.  
mince the water is in there where does it normally go ?   I’d have thought there would be some drainage in the door bottom. 
incant say I’ve ever thought about this on any of my other cars over the years. 

Edited by sa utah

• 1 year later...

Same issue with mine today.No water ingress in my 5 years ownership.Heavy rain in SE England yesterday and today I have a really wet carpet just along the bottom edge of the drivers door carpet. I lifted up the internal carpet and it’s dry.

Can I replace a gasket or is silicone the best way to fix?

Any advice would be wonderful...