Hood repair in north east

Darren1981

Hey

the hood on my Boxster has damaged, the hood has come away from the top of the rear window (plastic). Does anyone have any recommendations of where might be able to repair this in the northeast (Newcastle or Durham) ish area. 

other than this the hood is in good condition so loathed to pay for a whole new roof if I can avoid it

thanks 

Hi @Darren1981 there used to be a guy in i think South Shields who did this, he used to advertise on eBay, never used him but was going to, in the end i used Hubbards in Loughborough as he got great reviews. I was very pleased with the result, but a bit of a treck for you. There are guys who advertise on eBay in Liverpool and Sandbach.ther is a guy in Leeds as well.

I resewed mine! Hood in service position to ease the tension in the fabric / plastic then stitch through the existing holes. I used an extra strong man-made thread but if you can get the correct thread use that. It won't look machine sewn but it does the job.

You could try this guy, he fixed my Mercedes seat recently, did a great job. I asked him about replacing roof on Boxster and he said he had done some before so he might be able to help you.

Conleys Custom Interiors 

48 Front St, Whitburn, Sunderland SR6 7JF

07930 758700

Archived