Checking which engine variant I have?

molan

I’m very new to Boxer ownership - in fact I don’t even collect it until Friday. 

I’m aware that there was a change in power output with the Variocam Plus introduction in the summer of ‘06 but not 100% sure which version I have as opinions seem to differ on exact time of introduction of the updated model. 

Mine has a build completion date of 17.07.06 and a registration date of 31.08.06. From what I’ve read this would indicate it’s one of the last of the earlier models. 

However, the official documents say it has engine type M97.20 and that it’s a 2007 model year. 

I wondered if anyone could confirm that a July 06 build might actually be an 07 model?

Also - if it is the later version are there additional benefits other than, what appears to be, a marginal improvement in power output and torque?

Maybe it’s one of those things that don’t look like a lot in paper but are appreciated more when driving?

Check out the tax rate for the car, I think the earlier 240bhp is £555 whereas the later 245bhp is £325. 5bhp is neither here nor there and nobody could tell the difference when driving the car.

10 hours ago, molan said:

I’m aware that there was a change in power output with the Variocam Plus introduction in the summer of ‘06 but not 100% sure which version I have as opinions seem to differ on exact time of introduction of the updated model. 

Mine has a build completion date of 17.07.06 and a registration date of 31.08.06. From what I’ve read this would indicate it’s one of the last of the earlier models. 

However, the official documents say it has engine type M97.20 and that it’s a 2007 model year. 

This is all related to the car.  Wouldn't a better source be the engine number?

Archived