Remove warning

Bravestarr

Hi folks,

I recently had to replace a fog light bulb (LED) as it had stopped working. I have the car set up to use the Fogs as DRLs using the popular hack.

I replaced both left and right lights to ensure that they both had the same bulbs/light levels. How can I now remove the warning?

I have an OBD reader and associated app but unfortunately the status of bulbs isn't something that it reads or clears.

Cheers,

Kevin

Warning.JPG

You can’t reset this from a diags reader. 

The car will clear this error when whatever is making it think there is a problem go away.  

The car is detecting that the right hand side light isn’t drawing enough current.  That either means it’s blown or it’s an led that isn’t drawing enough current. You may need to add resistors if it’s a led or try a different bulb. 

I am not familiar with the hack you mention but you did say fogs as drl and this is an error on the side light so may not be related to the thing you have just done. 

25 minutes ago, Paul P said:

I am not familiar with the hack you mention but you did say fogs as drl and this is an error on the side light so may not be related to the thing you have just done. 

Hi Paul,

I have checked all of the other lights and they are functioning as expected. I think that the "check front right side light" is referring to the fog in this instance.

I did order up a couple of sets of different brands of LEDs so I'll try a swap. 

Cheers,

Kevin

IF this problem is related to the low power LED bulbs you will have to go with a different bulb or put in a inline resistor.  If you go with with a resistor that will be used for a turn signal it won't be a problem as it's not on that long, (but long term hazard light usage can), but using it all the time as a DRL will cause the resistor to become hot enough to melt plastic. (not Porsche experience as I haven't gotten one yet but I have had several hot rods though the years and working on cars in general)

Archived