CDR23/Multichanger

Judgegeorge

I recently purchased a 2003 s, the previous owner mentioned he had never managed to get the cd multi changer to work. I have given it a go when I put the cattriage in it goes through various motions and the takes in each cd and then puts them back in the cattriage. Was not sure which way the cds go but have tried them both ways. All I can see after the initial noises it a red light inside the changer.

On the head unit if I put a cd in it will play fine but nothing happens when I press the cd button to select the changer. Then if I press the fm button the radio comes on but if I want to select the cd again I have to eject the disc and re insert as pressing the cd button does nothing. 

It is not a big deal as I bought a fm modulator that allows a you to play from a usb and also acts a a hands free. It is neat and plugs in the cigarette lighter socket so if is easy to select tracks and answer calls off the buttons on top and was about £16 off Amazon was great on the 5 hour journey back when collecting the car but I did turn it off to soak up the exhaust tone with a few revs on😁

Just interested if anyone has any tips re the the fitted units. 

Thanks 

4 hours ago, Judgegeorge said:

On the head unit if I put a cd in it will play fine but nothing happens when I press the cd button to select the changer. Then if I press the fm button the radio comes on but if I want to select the cd again I have to eject the disc and re insert as pressing the cd button does nothing. 

I have the sat nav head unit and mine does this. I think it's just down to the unit being old and tired. I notice when the CD player is used too much it gets too hot and can't play without jumping. Can't really help with the auto changer, hope you get it sorted. 

The head unit should revert to CD when you press the button but it does take a second or two to change over, could be a head unit/button issue. The head unit should have been coded to allow for the multi-changer to work so maybe someone just fitted the multi-changer but didn't get the coding done?

The changer should be plugged in to the mini-iso socket at the rear of the head unit.

I believe you need a factory dignostic tool to set the multi-changer but do a Google search and you should get a wealth of information.

• 1 month later...

Archived