H8 Bulb Replacement ??

MAC99V

Hi Guys...

Hope all's well with you all out there and managed to stay safe. Just collected my car from a friends whilst we had some house painting works done, noticed my front fog's not working (drl), cars an 987.2 09 plate, any recommendations on replacement H8 bulbs? looked online, Halfords have just one type...anyone used a good branded bulb that'll last bearing in mind they're nearly always on....

Thanks in advance, Mark.

Hi Glosrich, one on one off and the car had remained untouched, maybe i'll try to remove unit fist and check nothings loose. cheers, M

On 5/21/2020 at 12:57 PM, MAC99V said:

Hi Guys...

Hope all's well with you all out there and managed to stay safe. Just collected my car from a friends whilst we had some house painting works done, noticed my front fog's not working (drl), cars an 987.2 09 plate, any recommendations on replacement H8 bulbs? looked online, Halfords have just one type...anyone used a good branded bulb that'll last bearing in mind they're nearly always on....

Thanks in advance, Mark.

Unrelated to your question but I remember your car being different to mine when we did a compare and contrast on the drls. Yours used fog lights mine used the leds if I remember.  When I got home I played with the piwis settings and could switch between your setup and mine (can’t remember the exact details but I have notes somewhere ). There is certainly a configurable option in piwis to alter the setup.  

interesting that my “new” car doesn’t have front fogs at all!  Apparently the option I have, steerable xenons ( i am not sure if they were called PDLS on the 987.2) has some “magic” that makes front fogs unnecessary, there’s not even a front fog position on the switch. 

Wonder why the variance and the software to support it is there at all  seems to be waste of effort unless it related to options and regional differences   

Good point Paul, I'll check the setup as i can switch mine off via dash configuration. This may then tell me if its another issue. I alway leave comfort mode or whatever its called on, so DRL's on all the time, I tried using fog light mode and that was dead on one side too, I'm guessing (hoping bulb) and not some rodent chewing through wires whilst at friends....Cheers Paul, hope you and yours all staying safe and well, M

The 987.2 has led spqrs  and in the piwis software sone options to enable drls in the on board computer and the choice between led spars and fog lights as drls. 

seens there were a bunch of “ choices “ at the time ( 09 to 11 ) and different cars have different configs

Archived