Headlining drooping down near back window.

milner

Hi All. The headlining on my 986 sometimes drops down at the back. It appears to be coming out of the slot on the last aluminium cross rib. Ive pushed it back in again as best I can, but lowering and raising the roof a few times and it comes back out. Is there a special way to put it back in or has something which locks it into the rib failed. Anyone had this and what was the fix ?

1 hour ago, milner said:

Hi All. The headlining on my 986 sometimes drops down at the back. It appears to be coming out of the slot on the last aluminium cross rib. Ive pushed it back in again as best I can, but lowering and raising the roof a few times and it comes back out. Is there a special way to put it back in or has something which locks it into the rib failed. Anyone had this and what was the fix ?

Somebody else had a problem recently. Not sure whether exactly same as yours and can't remember solution but worth doing a search for 'headlining'.

22 hours ago, red rocket said:

Somebody else had a problem recently. Not sure whether exactly same as yours and can't remember solution but worth doing a search for 'headlining'.

Can't find anything.

as a thought.... in my 987 headlining is strapped to the roof bars using little velcro elastic loops.

maybe worth opening the roof half way and un-doing the b-pillar velcro loops (so you can see inside between headlining and canvas roof) in case one or two of those have come off or maybe need re-stitching/re-attaching ?

6 hours ago, red rocket said:

Think this was the one but not sure it helps you

that makes sense - scratch my though of the velcro straps - they're on the sides/top - Looks a right pig to get new elastic into there.

I checked and dont think its the elastic, will have another look but it looks like I have to put the ends of the headlining into the hoop first and work back to the middle, but its very difficult to see.

Archived