Tyres

Kev62

My 981 2.7 original Pzeros 20 inch need replacing any one got any experience of best replacements? Or should I just replace P Zeros?

Thanks for any help

Kev

Hi.

There’s a number of threads on here along similar lines if you do a search.   Not sure if you have the N0 or N1 version of the P Zeros, by all accounts the N1 versions are a significant improvement.   Many here (and other forums) don’t seem to like PZeros, I myself thought they were good but they do seem to be particularly poor when cold and wet.

I changed to Michelin PS4S (N0) which are certainly more confidence inspiring when you do get the cold wet conditions, they are slightly more comfort oriented with a slightly less stiff sidewall. This means you don’t get the jumping on full lock that the PZeros can give especially when cold, but makes them slightly less direct/pointy.

A number of people also use the Goodyear Eagle F1 and seem generally happy, they also seem to be a bit cheaper than the above two.

Do you have a warranty you are looking to renew?  If so you need to keep a full matching set of ‘N’ rated tyres, which will typically be one of the above three options. All 4 tyres need to match.

if no warranty considerations then the latest Continental and Dunlop high performance options seem to do well in the latest tyre tests, you will need to check which sizing are available though.

I’ve tried No/n1 Pzeros and found them both a great tyre , have eagle F1s no atm and although grippy I find they have more sidewall compliance which means car rolls a little before gripping. So need to relearn to have confidence , they do grip well but just need to wait a micro second before grip shows itself 

does that make any sense 

21 hours ago, Greenman said:

Hi.

There’s a number of threads on here along similar lines if you do a search.   Not sure if you have the N0 or N1 version of the P Zeros, by all accounts the N1 versions are a significant improvement.   Many here (and other forums) don’t seem to like PZeros, I myself thought they were good but they do seem to be particularly poor when cold and wet.

I changed to Michelin PS4S (N0) which are certainly more confidence inspiring when you do get the cold wet conditions, they are slightly more comfort oriented with a slightly less stiff sidewall. This means you don’t get the jumping on full lock that the PZeros can give especially when cold, but makes them slightly less direct/pointy.

A number of people also use the Goodyear Eagle F1 and seem generally happy, they also seem to be a bit cheaper than the above two.

Do you have a warranty you are looking to renew?  If so you need to keep a full matching set of ‘N’ rated tyres, which will typically be one of the above three options. All 4 tyres need to match.

if no warranty considerations then the latest Continental and Dunlop high performance options seem to do well in the latest tyre tests, you will need to check which sizing are available though.

Hi Greenman many thanks for your very informative reply. Much appreciated. 

Kev

6 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

I’ve tried No/n1 Pzeros and found them both a great tyre , have eagle F1s no atm and although grippy I find they have more sidewall compliance which means car rolls a little before gripping. So need to relearn to have confidence , they do grip well but just need to wait a micro second before grip shows itself 

does that make any sense 

Yes I guess it’s a trade off between slight roll and point and shoot but hard ride. Many thanks 

Archived